Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Black Friday

I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving!  I will not be joining the crazy people who are shopping like maniacs to get all the good deals today.  That has never appealed to me.  I would much rather pay a few extra dollars and keep my sanity.  Anyone agree?

While I was browsing the Better Homes and Gardens website last night I came across this master bedroom...



and fell in love!  T and I have been brainstorming about how to decorate our master bedroom, and all we have come up with is dark furniture, a bench or some type of seating set up at our bay window, and all white bedding, so this picture makes me really excited!  There are so many things that are right with this room.  I love the floral print curtains, the light and dark contrasts, the antique bedside table, the purple accents (not sure T will go for this accent color), and the detailed headboard.  I think I have found my inspiration.

After moving in and starting to decorate this empty home with T, I've found that it's really important to find some type of inspiration before deciding on how you want to decorate a room.  For example, I painted our living room green first (not sure why, just thought I liked the color) before changing it to grey because I was anxious to get paint on the walls and start adding to the room.  This was a BIG mistake.  Never start with a paint color and build the room around it.  I've found that finding a fabric or painting you love is a much better way to start.  That way you can fall in love with the color scheme first ( before it's all over your walls) then start picking and choosing where you want those colors from there.

We'll see what T thinks about the floral print and purple...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!