Thursday, November 11, 2010

Something New

So I've been meaning to start a blog for...well 6 months now.  I got engaged to the love of my life, Thomas (otherwise known as T) on May 21, 2010, and I wanted to have a way to journal our life experiences together.  After thinking more about what type of blog I wanted to do, I realized that it would be a great way to share life experiences with other women as well.  Therefore, this blog will serve as a place to share my faith, notable personal experiences, funny stories about everyday life, thoughts about current events, advice on starting a life with the one you love and anything else that I feel is worth sharing!  My hope is that you all will be able to relate to these experiences and share back! 

To start, I figured I would give you a sneak peek at our engagement pictures and a few yummy recipes!  These are just some of our photographers' (who are amazing - let me know if you want their contact information) favorites from their blog, so more will be coming soon!


I was a bit nervous during this part of the shoot - this was a broken down railroad track and one wrong step and we would be falling 15 feet to the concrete...


Mo's Diner is where we had our first date - it's in downtown Raleigh, and I HIGHLY recommend it - the catfish is our favorite!


I thought T needed his own engagement band - I definitely got the better end of the deal!








I love this shot!  Especially considering we had to park off of a ramp illegally, cross two lanes of traffic and get eaten up by ants to get it!  I was, of course, the one to step in the ant hill!


Here are 2 recipes that I recently found online that are super tasty and super easy which is my favorite combination!

Chicken Medley

Chicken breast (I like the thinly sliced kind)
Jane's Mixed-Up Salt
Classico tomato and basil sauce
Squash
Zuchinni
Sargento 6 cheese italian
Parmesan

Assemble in aluminum foil packets (make sure they are completely sealed) and bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes (35 for the thinly sliced chicken breasts)!



Chicken Tortilla Soup



Rotisserie chicken (shred and leave off the skin)
Pace Salsa Verde - I use about 2/3 of the can
Navy beans (drained and rinsed) 15oz
Chicken broth 48oz

Mix all together and bring to a boil.  Then let simmer for 10-15 minutes!

Don't forget the cheddar cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips!

That's all for now!  Ya'll have a great weekend!










No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!