Thursday, November 18, 2010

TV Tyranny

So, I just want to start off this post with this e-mail that I received from T yesterday at work.....

From: thomas ward
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 11:24 AM
To: Hardee, Kathryn (RALEIGH, NC)
Subject: this is what's gonna happen...

if i'm forced to watch that sarah palin show again....WELLLLL OLE MOTHER NATURE JUST REARED HER HEAD OUT OF THE CLOUDS AND SAID NO!


MAN SHOOTS TV OVER PALIN.....click here

Now I'll explain.  TV is a touchy subject in our household these days, and apparently this Sunday was the last straw for T.  That is probably due to the fact that Sarah Palin's Alaska debuted on TLC (hence the quote from Sarah Palin in all caps above after she realized she would not be landing on a glacier due to poor weather conditions).  So, it's only happened a handful of times, but Sunday night we're watching football, and all of a sudden a notice pops up on the screen asking us if we would like to accept the scheduled recording of Desperate Housewives (why yes of course we would).  T counted to 10 (well really more like 3 since I was screaming, "accept, accept!", and hit accept.  Then just a few seconds later, up pops a notification to accept the recording of Sarah Palin's Alaska..........and we had a problem. 

T proceeds to begin a rant (a familiar rant) about how insulted he is by the fact that our tv recordings dictate what he can and cannot watch.  Being that it's football season, he has been extremely passionate about the issue.  Time Warner Cable really needs to help me out and allow more than 2 simultaneous recordings without having to be watching one of them!

I then tried to convince him that it was worth watching by using words like outdoors, fishing, rock climbing, etc., so I talked him in to watching the show during the football commercial breaks.  Luckily there were bears on this particular episode, so I got to watch quite a bit of it!  I assumed we had moved passed the issue, and genuinely thought we were going to be watching the next episode this Sunday, but apparently I was wrong.  I guess I'll just have to record the showing at 2AM to save our relationship and our tv from being blasted by a shotgun!


The dictator.  I also resent the fact that he's laying all over our throw pillow (after I've told him numerous times that it's for looks and looks only).





     

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!