Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wedding Wednesday

Well if I had any male followers before, I have most definitely lost them after the title of this post.  I thought I might try to dedicate one post a week to wedding planning stories, tips and updates, and hopefully some of you will be able to relate, reminisce or pass along advice (this would be optimal!).

The thing is, I'm not one of those girls who has been planning their wedding ever since they knew what a wedding was.  Instead I was dreaming of that perfect guy and the 5 kids that I wanted (don't worry that number has been wittled down to 3 now, and not because of T...he wants 2...dogs).  I was way more worried about finding my Jim Halpert (sorry, another Office reference, but I can't believe I failed to mention my favorite cast member yesterday) than perfect centerpieces to compliment my reception decor.  So, long story short, I am probably the perfect candidate for a wedding planner.  However, I refuse to pay someone to do what I am perfectly capable of, so my stress level will just have to remain on high for the next six months.

I have gotten a lot of the big things taken care of such as the venue, dress, photographers, etc., but I've realized that having a ring on your finger must the equivalent of walking in to any store with a big sign on your forehead that reads, "I'm a bride-to-be; please give me the highest quote possible".  Therefore, I have been stressing over things like invitations lately...probably because the last quote I received was $9.50 PER INVITATION.  Let's just say after all of the quotes, meetings and decisions recently, the word "elope" has been coming to mind.  Thanks to great friends like Lindsey, I have been talked off the ledge. 

Don't get me wrong, I am truly enjoying being a bride-to-be, and it is worth every bit of stress.  I will say though, that I can completely see how people lose sight of what's important in the process and end up in unhappy marriages.  It's very easy to get caught up in the ring, and the big day and all the festivities in between, but what's really important is making sure the person that you will be coming home to every night makes you more happy than anything else.  Now off of my soap box and on to more important news...

While we're on the topic of "W's", I just had to metion two other "W" words that have been on my mind lately.

First, this watch.  My level of desire has officially progressed from want to NEED:





Also, while I was browsing WRAL, I came across this Weimaraner puppy for sale, and like an IDIOT sent the link to T...

  

I will be going to look at the watch this weekend, NOT the puppy.  Thomas has already "called the breeder to schedule a visit", but that will not be happening - I'm putting my foot down (as an official vacuumer of the house should)! 

Have a wonderful Wednesday!!!

1 comment:

  1. Dave and I made our invitations. It was pretty cheap. We used a kit from Michael's and inserted our own ribbon. I thought they came out looking great and professional, and they were definitely NOT $9.50 per invitation. (Thank goodness, since we sent about 400 out.)

    I really like that watch. I wanted a similar one in a slightly more pearl-ish color. It was $500 on sale. I settled for a white one on overstock.com marked from $80 down to $20. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!