Thursday, December 2, 2010

All I wanted was chex mix and a berry wreath...

Do you ever have one of those days that you just want to get a few or maybe even just one simple thing accomplished?  Then the day just takes over and spirals out of control?  Well that was my yesterday...

I stayed home from work again since my sinus infection had reached it's peak, but I was able to get some antibiotics, thank goodness.  For some reason ever since I've joined the work force I feel the need to make every day off productive...even sick days.  I think I inherited the "can't sit still" gene from my lovely Mother.  Although this day was different, and I had every intention of achieving optimal laziness.  The only things I wanted out of my day were my Mom's chex mix and a berry wreath.  Fast forward, and I'm being picked up by T at a car mechanic at 6 PM...not the day I pictured.  I'll explain...

It started off with me receiving an e-mail from Bella Bridesmaid letting me know that our bridesmaid, junior bridesmaid, and flower girl dresses were in which was great news!  This forced me to get myself off of the couch where I was torturing myself watching the Victoria's Secret fashion show (for the second time).  Jamie and I went to get the dresses, and we love them!  The day was off to a great start...

Then I went to the grocery store to get chex mix supplies, but began to feel guilty that we didn't even have milk in the fridge, so I decided to suck it up and buy some necessities!  My excitement about the chex mix died a little when I realized we were out of things like toilet paper and paper towels.  Somehow I went in only needing a few things and left spending $100, yet without a single thing to make a decent meal with.  This always happens to me, and I sure hope I'm not the only one. 

I then went to Home Depot to make some returns and found my berry wreath and some Christmas lights (which whoa are expensive!), so that was a success.  Yes, we have decided to decorate our poor tree.  Then I went to Lowe's and made another return and picked up some hooks for the wreath, and things were looking up.

Then I made a horrible decision to finally give in and get my oil changed and my car inspected.  I seriously get anxiety about this process because it always ends badly  - well good for my car badly for my bank account.  Every time I go I feel like I'm in a hospital waiting room waiting for my poor Jeep to get out of surgery, and I almost always get bad news.  And yesterday was no different. 

When I walk into a car shop, they must think, JACKPOT...a girl who knows nothing about cars and falls for any marketing scheme (seriously, it's bad, I almost always base decisions like toothpaste, shampoo, etc. on how pretty the packaging is). 

So, the car doctor did come back with bad news...apparently my brakes were "working metal on metal" which means they weren't working at all...and it was going to cost me an arm and a leg.  It gets worse...after I agree to the work, I call my Mom to vent who then calls our RELIABLE AND HONEST mechanic in Boone who says I have paid twice as much as he would charge me...great. 

So long story short (except for not really this story has been much longer than it should be), my chex mix and berry wreath high was killed by my car inspection.  But my car can actually brake now which is good for my fellow travelers.  I must have really bad car health instinct.

In good news, my amazing friend and bridesmaid finished our save the dates!  Once I mail them out, I'll post a picture.  I gave her the most vague wish list EVER for them, and she worked her magic and they turned out EXACTLY how I had imagined!  She's an AWESOME photographer/editor/save the date designer/photoshopper/anything to do with picturesER!

I also have the best Mary Kay sales rep!  I met her after the Southern Bridal Show when I won a Mary Kay gift card, and she is wonderful.  Today I called her and left a cryptic message saying something along the lines of, " I have no clue what lotion or face wash I use, all I know is my skin is dry and I need your help".  And when I got home there was a lovely gift bag with new lotion, face wash, and the mascara that I gushed about last time I talked to her - all at a discount!  If any of you are looking for a great Mary Kay representative let me know, and I'll give you her information!

Despite after all the highs and lows of my supposed to be "sick day", last night there was Tiger Butter in the fridge...



Chex mix in the oven...



And I had finally found my berry wreath project supplies...


All is well that ends well...even if you did just get robbed by the local grocer and mechanic.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!