Monday, December 6, 2010

A few weekend highlights

T and I got our decorating on this weekend, and after a trip to Michael's (most of their Christmas stuff is 50% off by the way), 2 trips to Big Lots (apparently non-LED lights are in high demand these days) and one trip to Wal-Mart we were finished.  Here are some pictures...


Here's my wreath project... (I wanted to do a metallic theme this year)


I pulled a T-like move and used some rope that hangs from our garage door to hang my wreath while I spray painted it.  And here is a picture of the final result!


We also added some garland and lights, and yes I got rid of the pumpkin...



I also found some fun metallic-ish stuff for our mantle (this project involved a little spray paint too like every good one does)...


 


We also had some snow!!!


And we now have a table to eat on!


The rest of the weekend was filled with save the date ordering (!!!), a lovely holiday gathering with coworkers, Barbie movie watching with the Brady girls, a lunch date with Erin who I have missed so much (darn grad school for hogging her), Mexican food with my sweetie pie, hot chocolate, a cold weather jog (my favorite - there's something wonderful about jogging in leggings and an over sized sweatshirt after sweating my brains out running in 100 degree weather in every other season of the year in Raleigh) and a teeny tiny bit of relaxation somewhere in between.

I hope you all had a great weekend!   



1 comment:

  1. I just read through your whole blog, and I love it! You have such a good writer's voice,and I love seeing pictures of your house and projects--your house is beautiful. --Donna

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!