Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Pure goodness

Do you ever just have a day where the planets align and everything seems to go right, and your night even feels like it didn't go by in .68 seconds? 

Well that was my night, and I am so grateful for it.  I'm writing this post while drinking a cold beer with T who is completely consumed and tense over the NC State/West Virginia bowl game.  And Alma mater or not, I don't have a competitive bone in my body when it comes to sports.  Maybe it's because I spent most of my childhood on a baseball field against my will, but for whatever reason that specific gene skipped me. 

So, I am completely stress free and feeling relaxed and refreshed after a super challenging yoga class.  If any of you are on the fence about trying yoga, hop on over and do it!  I lucked out and have an amazing instructor at the gym I'm a member at.  I will say, however, that I have had a few guest instructors teach where if it had been my first class I would not be coming back.  So, I would definitely recommend a challenging class where you really get a workout with lots of stretching and some relaxation and meditation in between.  The type of Yoga I take is ISHTA, and it is one of my favorite hobbies.  When you leave, you feel like every muscle of your body has been stretched and worked to the max which I love after sitting at a desk all day.  Think stretch-Armstrong-kind-of-workout.

After work I came home and did a quick clean and lit about every candle in our house.  I just love candles, and they bring me some serious happiness.  It's unfortunate that my favorite candles cost upwards of 30 dollars.  I guess I could splurge on worse.  I also whipped up some breakfast for dinner - me and T's guilty little pleasure.  Nothing says, "I love you", like cheesy scrambled eggs and butter and syrup soaked waffles.  Oh, and a little Simply Apple to top it off, of course.

And I got a trip in to Target after work where I purchased eggs for our dinner of champions, hose since my dumpster dive was unsuccessful and new yoga pants that I justified since I wear the same black pair probably every night and for the majority of my weekend hours.  Did I mention that I already spent the $75 worth of gift cards to target that I got for Christmas?  Sad I know.  Never underestimate my Target shopping capabilities.

Then I got to top it off with writing on my little blog that I've grown to love in my cozy nook on the couch while T screams obscenities at the TV.  I sure hope State wins, or I'm in for a long night.

Counting my blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!