Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Ramblings & Resolutions

Yesterday, I had SO many random things going through my head.  I'm not even taking medicine for this sinus infection yet, so I can't blame it on that.  Who knows...

First off I have some pre-New Year's resolutions. 

1.  I have GOT to start waking up earlier.  For some reason I think that the extra 9 snoozes every morning will make me feel more refreshed, when in reality they do exactly the opposite.  I literally beat myself up every morning all the way to work for not sticking to the plan of waking up 30 minutes earlier than normal to have a nice breakfast (not one that consists of eating Cheerios out of a coffee cup while sloshing milk and soggy cereal all over the car), Bible study and maybe even getting a chore or 2 out of the way.  Maybe I think that writing this on my blog will keep me accountable...we'll see, but this resolution starts TOMORROW.  A few weeks ago I was running so late and was so scattered that I left a container of soup on the top of my car and couldn't figure out what I heard sliding around on the way to work.  To top it off I must have remained that scattered all day long because I didn't even notice it was on there until I found it when I stopped at the bank on the way home.  That's bad.  I truly want to be a morning person...I'm jealous of those of you that are...Mom...

2.  I am DONE drinking Diet Coke.  I know I have told myself this a million times, but drinking only water really does make you feel so much better and give you much more energy!  And if you quit cold turkey, you'll notice that when you do drink a Diet Coke after it's been a while you feel terrible after.  Caffeine is nice every once in a while when you really need it, but the crash afterwards is so not worth it.  Plus I'm getting more than my fill from the chocolate (that I should be adding to this list) that I consume WAY too much of.  I blame it on those stupid candy jars all of my coworkers have in their offices.  Is it really necessary for them to fill it with Reese's Cups, Tootsie Rolls and Dark Cholcoate Milky Ways???  They need to fill them with bad candy (the kind that doesn't involve chocolate).  I just need to keep that story about the steak dissolving completely after sitting in a Coke for one day fresh on my mind to help me out with this resolution.

3.  According to T I need to quit moving things.  I'm really OCD about not having clutter around the house, so when he leaves stuff laying around I can't help but put it in an "appropriate" place.  This almost always results in him calling me to ask where I've moved HIS stuff.  He's actually really sweet about it, but I can tell he's holding back some pent up anger.  Which means it's just building and building, and who knows when he will explode on me.  I'm lucky that it wasn't yesterday when I misplaced (which means I put it a in a "safe" place so I wouldn't lose it, which always means it's a guarantee that I'll forget where that "safe" place is) a very important check, but I found it before he got home THANK GOODNESS.  I guess I'll just have to start leaving his stuff alone.  Unfortunately this would mean that our house would be covered in mail, socks, soup containers and check books, and then I just might explode on him.  We'll find a happy medium eventually.

So I guess I'll start waking up earlier, avoiding Diet Coke and leaving T's stuff alone.  We'll see how long this lasts.  Will power isn't always my strong point.  For example, 2nd week in a row without a Wedding Wednesday.  At least I'm honest. 

I was also thinking a lot about good friends yesterday.  I guess that's because my relationships with my close girlfriends have grown so much over the past couple of years.  In high school and college we were all so obsessed with making everyone else (even each other) think that we were perfect, therefore keeping all of our insecurities and fears of the unknown locked up inside.  We have definitely hit a turning point lately, and I think that's because we're all at similar points in life or can at least appreciate where each other are at.  There's still the tendency to want to put on this show that our jobs, relationships and lives are perfect, but lately I've had some really great conversations with close friends about imperfections and insecurities that I had no idea they were going through too.  I'm so thankful for this because we are going to go through so many different life experiences together; some good, some bad, and our lives are just beginning.  Girls are so quick to judge, but it's such a dangerous approach.  It's so refreshing to get to a point where you stop judging and start relating.  It can be truly enlightening.  It's so much easier to be happy for people than to try to compete to be the "happiest".  You will end up with a lot of regrets, and I don't want to learn this the hard way.  So, next time you start to compare your life to someone else's, stop and take a minute to be grateful for what God has blessed you with and to be TRULY happy for what God has blessed your friends with as well.

Also, a special thank you to Kara for being a commenter!  I hope others of you start to do the same, so this can be more of us interacting and less of me rambling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!