Friday, December 17, 2010

Snow day

Well Raleigh did, indeed, get snow yesterday.  I had forgotten about the forecast and was in the middle of drying my hair yesterday morning when I got a text saying I didn't need to babysit because of the weather.  And sure enough, I looked outside, and the roads were covered.  It was bittersweet for me.  I absolutely love snow and everything to do with it, but I didn't really want snow to be a part of the busy day that I knew was ahead of me.  Regardless, the days of school being cancelled are over, so my butt was headed to work.  And I was so happy to find this surprise that my boss had left for me on my desk...



My coworkers have been known to leave funny pick-me-ups on my desk in the morning.  Here's another recent one...



Yes, that is a true IV...with Mountain Dew inside. 


I don't even like Mountain Dew, but the guy who rigged this little contraption up has a self proclaimed addiction.  Apparently he is trying to keep his Dew intake to 40 oz or less before lunch time.  And after hearing this I would agree he has a problem.

The toe warmers were amazing, and I wore them all day long inside my high heels.  They were still keeping my toes warm at 6 when I left the office!  Scott died laughing when he realized that I actually used them.  I always complain about being cold, so I guess he bought them as a joke.  But I whipped those suckers out so fast, and they were no space heater, but they were better than nothing!  And I hear they are $1 at Target - I just might be stocking up.

We also had our management gift exchange, and this was one of the gifts that he got me.  So cute, and such a fun gift idea...especially for a beach house or during the summer...


We had such much fun at our Christmas Cocktail afterwards at the Cardinal Club, and here's a picture I took leaving work on my way to the parking deck.  I just love downtown at Christmas time...


Sorry for all of the iPhone pictures by the way.  I have decided that I want my amazing photographer best friend, Lauren, to teach me how to edit once T and I purchase the nice camera that's on our wish list (or on my wish list).  I want one of those big ones with the big lenses (can't you tell I need a little photography education).  It's on my list of things to take up as a hobby.  Mainly because I want to be able to photograph life and all its beauty!  And maybe a trash bin or two.  If you haven't read the "Trashy" blog post, please do.  Just because my friend, Jennifer, wrote a hilarious comment about her trash fiasco, and it's hilarious!

That's all for now.  I hope you all have wonderful weekend!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!