Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Some highlights from our less than 36 hour Christmas vacation...

...oh, and roughly 24 of those hours consisted of driving or sleeping.  Let's just say we started our travels carefree, anxious and excited to see family and exchange gifts...


Fast forward 36ish hours, and we are stressed and exhausted trying to avoid ditches and idiots who haven't the slightest clue how to drive in snow...


And somehow in between I was able to go to Concord and spend some quality time with my soon to be Mother-in-law, Father-in-law and Sister-in-law (I love saying that - I have ALWAYS wanted a true sister!!!), meet all of T's Mom's side of the family for the first time in Denver at their gorgeous home, catch up with Jamie on our ride from the Piedmont to the Mountains, have Christmas morning with my family and spend the afternoon with my Mom's side and survive the blizzard of 2010 on 40 East.  Whew...that was a holiday vacation on crack (not really, but you know what I mean). 

T and I were worried about the speculation of a possible 20 inches of snow in Raleigh on Sunday, so we had to cut our vacation short and head home Christmas night which was a big bummer, but it did allow for a fun snow day in Raleigh complete with donuts, snowboarding and quesadillas!  Cal gave us a quesadilla maker for Christmas and it's the bomb.com.  I also have video of me snowboarding, but I'm too lazy to do Vimeo, or YouTube or whatever you have to do to post videos.  I'll have T help me later, and I'll post them sometime this week for your entertainment.  Believe me it's nothing to be proud of.

T and I are doing our gifts to each other 1/2 on Christmas 1/2 on New Years, and here was my gift #1...


Yay!  Now I can make my Roman shades and throw pillows!  Well...I have to learn how to sew first, but I'd say this is a good start!  I had mentioned to T in passing months ago that I had been reading online about all these fun do-it-yourself projects but they all required a sewing machine.  So, T being the thoughtful fiance he is, tucked that little tid bit away, and voila, the most perfect gift!  He's the best.  End of story.

Oh, and little Gnarly was pretty excited about his gift from Grandma B...



This picture is a tad misleading considering the fact that he tries to rip poor Grinchy apart one limb at a time on most every occasion.

That's all for now, but I do have be honest and say that I think I've hit a low point.  I just went out to our garbage bins like some sort of crazed dumpster diver and tried to find a brand new pair of hose that I accidentally threw away a few days ago.  I have got to get a grip on this inner OCD and just let some things go.  I came back upstairs unsuccessful with a defeated look on my face, and T just simply said said, "I knew it wasn't worth it", and I would have to agree.  And I would add that our garbage bin needs a serious scrub down.  I'll blame my moment of weakness on the fact that I hate hose but I'm forced to wear this expensive accessory that I can't keep run-less to save my life.  Sorry, just had to vent - I'm ready for summer and it's not even January.

And with that, Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!