Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Back to the real world...

I was one of those lucky people who had the day off work yesterday.  T was not.  And just for the record, I could get used to being a stay at home Mom.  Not that I'm a wife or mom yet, but I did enjoy only having cooking, cleaning and exercising on my to do list yesterday.  Maybe it was more like unemployment rather than being a stay at home Mom now that I think about it.  I'm with Oprah on the fact that Mom's have the hardest jobs in the world hands down.  But whatever it was, I enjoyed myself thoroughly, and I'm happy to say that I've gained back my sanity.

I don't know if it's been the weather or what, but I have felt down right blue lately.  And I think I've found the culprit.  Lack of exercise.  With all the wedding planning stress weighing down on me lately I've been only exercising about two times a week to try salvage some energy.  And it's only caused me to feel more tired and grumpy.  So, this weekend I did lots of running and yoga practicing, and I feel SO much better.  From now on I'm getting up an hour early every day to get my exercise in.  Because in reality, exercise is therapeutic for me.  When I run, all my stress seeps out, and my sanity stays in place.

Another thing T and I like to do when we're feeling extra exhausted is to hole up in our house like true introverts would and give our bodies time to recover.  And we did just that this past weekend.  Friday night we enjoyed some Mexican food and were barely able to keep our eyes open past 10.  Saturday we didn't do much of anything.  I read the book "The Five People You Meet In Heaven" by Mitch Albom and finished "Love & Respect" also.  I have some more good aha moments to share with you soon!  We also gave little G-dog a much needed bath...






He was not a fan of the process and seemed to be very embarrassed about the pink towel.  But he is smelling fresh and clean!  He also got another play date with Sawyer at the park, so he was happy about that, and I think it made up for the bath in his mind.

We also watched Inception this weekend.  Complete with popcorn and Milk Duds thanks to T.  He's the best.  I was left totally confused when the movie ended, but I like one of the reviews that T read to me about the movie afterwards, and I'm going with it.  The viewer said the movie was supposed to convey the importance of family being that Leo was obsessed throughout the entire film with checking his spin top to see if he was dreaming or if it was reality until he was reunited with his family.  Because when he was finally reconnected with his kids he didn't even wait to see if the spin top had stopped spinning meaning he didn't care if it was reality or not.  Truthfully I was lost from the very first scene, but it was a great movie.  I love movies that leave you saying, "What?????", leaving room for interpretation.

Sunday we went to church, I went to a yoga class and then over to my friend Hanna's house to give her some moral support since she's taking the Series 65 this week.  I'm so glad I'm done with those tests.  Speaking of going insane.

Then yesterday, I did the aforementioned cooking, cleaning and exercising.  Exhibit A:


I just LOVE spending weekends in my new house with T!  But now it's back to the real world on my most dreaded day of the week...Tuesday.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!