Monday, January 10, 2011

Color scheme...check!

While registering at Pottery Barn with T this weekend, I found these throw pillows below, and they gave me the inspiration I needed to lock into a color scheme for our living/dining area.

I absolutely love this butter yellow over sized throw pillow, and the jute braid gives it that earthy feel...

Jute Braid Pillow Cover 20", Dijon

We went ahead and bought this one to jump start our color scheme, and our Repose Gray walls really pull out the gray in the pillow which I love...

Bihar Paisley Pillow Cover, 20", Terra Cotta

This one here matches the coral/burnt orangish color in the pillow above, and I love the big button!

Textured Pillow Cover, 18", Terra Cotta

I'm so excited about these color finds, so excited that I went ahead and returned these pillows below that I bought when I thought I wanted a strictly yellow/gray theme:


Sorry, Target.  I thought I loved these pillows at one point in time, but I think I got too carried away with just wanting yellow and gray and got away from the subtle colors/earthy feel that I initially wanted for the space.

Long story short...I love my new pillow, and I can't wait to add the others!  I also found great seat cushions, place mats and napkins to compliment them!  And, yes, we did register finally.  Well we got our registry started.  It is seriously overwhelming, and you find yourself getting confused about what you're "supposed" to register for versus what you really need and want to register for.  Let's just say we will NOT be registering for holiday themed fine china.
 
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!