Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A little documentation from last weekend and a lot randomness...

I'm currently suffering from another cold/sinus issue, so this post is going to be short and sweet with little creativity and a lot of pictures.

T and I finished our gift exchange this weekend, and the other half of my gift was this wonderful, Pottery Barn jewelry box.  It has tons of drawers and different slots for different pieces of jewelry which any lover of organization lives for.  He also designed a monogram to go on it with my soon-to-be initials!  He's so good at adding thoughtful touches to gifts and really just in every aspect of life which I LOVE.  His motivation for this gift was most likely driven by the fact that my jewelry seems to find itself strewn around the house sometimes in the box it came in but more often on coffee tables, uncomfortably near drains and lost behind my nightstand otherwise knows as the black hole. 



He also got his gift which was super cool bindings for his snowboard.  I can't take credit for selecting them, but I did a heck of a job giving my input while he researched with comments like, "No...I don't like that color scheme" and "Yes, those would really compliment the theme of your board".  What's the saying?  Look good play good?  I got him the snowboard last year along with the cute TomKat decal that my friend Lo helped me design, so I will take full credit for his stylish ensemble. 

Here's him showing me how the "bindings allow for so much more flex in the board".  Whatever that means.  I guess this picture is exactly what that means...


They are pretty snazzy, huh?


We also went to a Hurricanes game with T's parents and a couple friends Saturday night.  It was my first Hurricanes game, and I really loved it.  Professional sporting events are perfect for those of us with sports induced ADD.  I try so hard to focus, but I most always find myself daydreaming, and before I know it 5 minutes has past (meaning 45 minutes in real time), and I've completely lost track of what's going on in the game.  And I apparently love run-on sentences.  Professional events are the ticket because it's like one big production from start to finish.  Even if it does still take 3+ hours. 


In other news, this and this is just strange.  Glad to be a North Carolinian this week. 

This gave me a but of nervousness and excitement today...


 And I have officially fallen more in love with T for these two reasons:

1.  He took down and put away all of our Christmas decorations while I was sick on the couch this weekend.

2.  He brought me home mint Oreos tonight.

If that's not love, I don't know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!