Thursday, February 24, 2011

Friday free for all

This post is going to be completely random; I can feel it. 

First off, any of you who read my post yesterday should read the comment and visit the link that my wonderful cousin, Lindley posted.  Lindley is one of the smartest, most genuine people that I know, and I just love her and her big heart so much.  The man's testimony that she referenced is unlike any I have ever heard, and it just shows what the love and grace of God can do for people.  Amazing.

It's hard to find balance between being strong and firm in your faith and beliefs and being loving and accepting of others who are different from you and what you're comfortable with.  It's definitely something that I struggle with, and I wrote yesterday's post to spark some interaction and get your thoughts.  Thanks to those who commented; I just love having my eyes opened to new perspectives.  With all of the diversity in society these days, my goal is to keep the Bible close to my heart to help me decipher right from wrong, yet to also not let my opinions cloud my vision and prevent me from loving those who are different from me.  I want to exude love and grace...that is my ultimate goal.

In other news...here's the hammock I was telling you about.  There's many a book to be read here...


I took my new, funky kicks out for our first run today...


I just noticed I took a picture of the same side of both of the shoes, but you get the picture.  If you're in the market for a new pair of running shoes, I highly recommend these.  They are Nike Air Pegasus, and they are super comfortable and light.  My feet were screaming, thank you thank you thank you throughout my entire run.  I had to order these from Nike since I couldn't find a store with these funky, fun colors, but it was well worth it! 

I'm cutting it short tonight, since I think I'm one computer overdose away from an eye twitch at this point.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!