Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I'm back

Greetings!  It sure has been a while since I've sat down to write.  T and I have been going 100 miles an hour trying to keep up with our jobs, finalize wedding details and maintain some sort of a social life in the meantime.  Well...let's be honest, our social life has suffered, but boy have we been active lately.  I've really gotten back into running and have been practicing yoga religiously, T has been a snowboarding fool and we even made a trip out to Umstead Park for a hike with G-dog on Monday.  Thank you Presidents for the much needed day off. 

The weather has been gorgeous with the exception of today being on the chilly side, and I can say for a fact that T and I have soaked up every ray the sunshine has so generously offered.  I love the inspiration and motivation the sun brings.  It keeps me moving and wards off anything to do with lazy making me want to spend every second doing something productive.  T even said the other day that he missed rain and the excuse it gives us to stay inside and do nothing.

In wedding news, we finished our pre-marital counseling and got our invitations ordered.  Our counseling was awesome, and I'm going to devote a post to all the epiphanies I had during it soon!  We also got to visit with T's parents last weekend, and we had such a great time as usual.  I just love his parents so much.

Since I've felt prisoner to my computer and phone lately with all the wedding details, I haven't taken many pictures in an attempt to enjoy the present , so here's the only one I've snapped lately...well my computer doesn't want to let me attach it, but it was of a hammock that T installed on our patio!  I'll post it later when my computer wants to cooperate.  I'm so glad we're going to get enjoy it before the bugs invade for the summer time.

Shifting gears...

Today was an extremely hard and emotional day.  One of my coworkers, a 42 year old completely healthy man, got sick about a week ago just thinking he had the crud that has been going around our office.  A week later (this past Sunday) after being admitted to the hospital, he died of complications from pneumonia. 

We are all in shock and disbelief.  He was married with two young boys, and I cannot imagine what their family is going through.  Please keep their family in your thoughts and prayers. 

Things like this are so hard for me to process and understand.  He was just in the office, happy and healthy and working hard, and the fact that he isn't with us anymore is just heart wrenching.  I couldn't bear to even walk by his desk today.  Pictures of him and his family scattered across his desk.

I was walking out with one of the women I work with today, and she said that only one thought gives her peace in situations such as this.  That thought is that he must have accomplished what God wanted him to on Earth.  Because God has a plan for us all, and He doesn't take us until we've fulfilled that plan. 

Life can change in an instant, so treasure your relationships, love those around you and try to exist in the present.  I kind of feel like I'm in a daze, with feelings of grief and shock, appreciation for all that I'm blessed with and inspiration to live and love better.      

If you're reading this be sure to give your loved ones a big hug tonight and pray for this family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!