Sunday, February 6, 2011

Just a little weekend recap...

First off, after T and I made our let's-start-eating-healthier pact...this is what I found behind my desk Friday morning...


It was our Director's birthday, and our office doesn't mess around when it comes to food...obviously.  I had to resist 4 different kinds of cakes and cupcakes.  It wasn't easy, but I succeeded.

Friday night I spent the night with my Mom at the Renaissance at North Hills.  She was in town for a conference with the group that I used to work as a lobbyist for, so it was great to see everyone again.  We had a drink at the little restaurant at the hotel and had a great time as usual.  

Saturday morning we had a delicious breakfast at the same restaurant and then went to try on my wedding dress!  It was perfect...the dress, the moment, everything.  And, oh, there were tears.  I got to keep the dress on for about 30 minutes which was nice since every other time seemed to be nothing short of a whirlwind.  We spent the 30 minutes daydreaming about May 21st, and I couldn't be more excited for the big day to come.

We then went to meet one of our old friends from New Bern at Firebirds.  I had a bowl of their chicken tortilla soup that is to die for!  We lunched for about 2 and a half hours catching up on each other's lives, and it was great.  I love friends that you can go forever without seeing but pick up right where you left off once you finally reconnect.

Saturday night T had a Ring meeting (the ultimate frisbee team that he plays for), so I spent my night working on my secret project, watching Eclipse (for the first time...can't believe I waited this long) and cutting out magazine pictures for my florist.  


Sunday was a GORGEOUS day, and we evened opened up our windows in hopes of letting the stale winter air seep out making way for brighter Spring weather...


I also got a long run and some yoga in.  This is when you know you've logged some serious miles on your tennis shoes...


Yes, the pink is my toe poking out of my shoe.  I think it's officially time for a new pair.  These are a few I'm considering...
I love all the new light weight options that are available.  Let me know if any of you have bought any great tennis shoes lately!

We then prepared for the Superbowl with an unhealthy amount of junk food (good thing we got our exercise in)...


While I was at the grocery store, I noticed this...


Now that's just wrong.  That is the last thing that Americans need as a choice at the grocery store.  Now, we did purchase both pizza and cookies, but ONLY because it's Superbowl Sunday.  And our pizza was thin crust...with chicken and spinach.  Just trying to justify it in my mind right now.

I tried a new dip that was a big hit...


It was super easy to make.  1 lb. of sausage, 16 oz. of cream cheese and 1 10 oz. can of Rotel (tomatoes and green chiles).  Can you tell today was our cheat day???

This little guy was begging throughout our entire foodathon...


He managed to get a few bites too.  Luckily he had his exercise beforehand.

And can I just say that Digiorno Tuscan Chicken Flatbread pizza is delicious!  It's our new frozen pizza of choice for sure.



HAPPY SUPERBOWLING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!