Wednesday, February 9, 2011

More on the ebb side than the flow side...

Today was a completely uneventful day...and Lord knows we all need those every once in a while.  It consisted of the usual busy day at the office, 3 mile run with a dash of yoga, lasagna and a mixture of Oprah, House Hunters, Facebook and some blog time afterwards.  Days like this can be just as sweet as those filled with free vacation vouchers magically appearing in the mail.  T and I are daydreaming that this "trace to one inch" snow forecast turns into 21 inches and a long weekend!  Wishful thinking I know... 

Things I'm loving today...


Being reminded that I'm marrying the most loving person who will always make sure I'm taken care of. 

Being blessed with a healthy body that allows me to run, and living in a place where I can run outdoors in February.  Running is my church...when I feel the most spiritually connected.

Delicious food...even when it's 100% not homemade...


Having this view from my kitchen...


I love week nights with my boys.

Using a holiday spreader since we don't even own a proper butter knife...


Being able to laugh when somehow I still manage to burn something even when the meal consists of nothing homemade...


And having T still tell me they're delicious.  It probably has to do with his usual 1:5 bread to butter ratio. 

And lastly, being able to enjoy the ebbish days just as much as the flowy ones.

Now off to do my snow dance... 



1 comment:

  1. Was it the bread you burned? Try not putting them so close to the heating source. Warning: bottoms brown easily and quickly.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!