Thursday, February 3, 2011

Things I'm loving...

Last night after I got home, I decided to sit down and write this post after my daily afternoon routine of the 30 minute drive home from work, taking little G-dog out and sitting down for a moment of relaxation since it was quite enjoyable with the warm weather being in town.

I was very happy to see this on my way home...


I just love these random warm days during the winter.  It's refreshing to see people rolling down their windows, opening up their sun roof and doing whatever it takes to soak up the warm air we're all aching for.  And I did just that...


I was feeling warm and toasty even though it was overcast.  I'll take 65 degrees in any form it wants to come these days.  Then I looked down and saw this...


I guess my heat being on high may have had something to do with the unseasonably warm temperature in my car.  But that's neither here nor there.  I was warm, my sunroof was open and I was happy.

I loved being able to wear just a t-shirt and yoga pants to take G-dog out for our afternoon walk...



This was the best picture I could get while G was attempting to rip my arm off to get away.

It was nice to linger outside instead of cursing Gnarly's name for not doing his business fast enough.  And while lingering, I realized how much I love our little house on the corner...and how much I loved getting a whiff of new construction (that smell that's so familiar...the smell that I would get when we would come visit the house time and time again while deciding if we were going to buy it) when I walked in today reminding me of when T and I began this beautiful journey together and all the memories to come in this new house.


Then I went inside and realized our guest room still smelled like dog pee.  The other morning Gnarly refused to go downstairs to get in his crate, and stupid me being in a hurry to get to work and not wanting to tackle a shedding dog, decided to leave him in the guest room for the day.  Well bad idea.  I was not particularly happy to shampoo our carpets in hopes of getting rid of the horrid smell, but these helped ease my pain...


Needless to say, I have reinstated the no Gnarly on the 3rd floor rule...


Had to be done.  T and I have separate rooms now until we're married, and neither one of us stay in the master bedroom, so we've been bad about letting G-dog stay upstairs.  I want our master bedroom to be our haven from May 21st on and dog pee just does not fit into my plan.  So, Gnarly is officially banned, and I feel good about my decision.

And this is what I was loving most yesterday...



...anxiously awaiting T baby's arrival!!! 

So glad he's coming home in one piece after doing things like this all week...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!