Sunday, March 13, 2011

For my girls.....

What a whirlwind of a week this past one has been!  I spent most of last week shopping with Jamie and getting my house ready to host five of my best friends.  I drank a lot of coffee and spent a lot of time at the mall in preparation...


It was a success, and this past weekend was spent celebrating with these girls who are the most fun and crazy chicks I know!  We were all in much need of a girls weekend, and it was due time for a bachelorette party, so let's just say the rest was history.

We picked up Lauren at the airport late Thursday night and decided to take Friday off of work.  We stayed up until 2 AM catching up all cuddled together on my bed with some wine.  Ohhh have I missed having all my girls together.  Poor T ended up on an air mattress, and probably didn't get to sleep until 2 AM as well since we aren't the quietest bunch.  He was a trooper, and said that he was almost asleep when we were out getting Lauren at the airport, but then heard four car doors slam and what he said sounded like 20 girls get out of the car.  He didn't complain once though and gladly welcomed all of my best friends in to our home.  He did, however, head out of town Friday afternoon when he had the chance to go up to Boone and snowboard, so the girls could have a true girls weekend.  He saw this when he came home to pack and knew we were in for a fun weekend...


I loved having all the girls stay with me!  I miss the days of huddling in bathrooms and around mirrors to get ready and just dump all of our makeup, nail polish, hair products, jewelry, clothes and shoes together in a group effort to all go out looking fabulous.  And that we did...


And we were off...


We started out our night at Wine & Design, which is an adorable little place at Five Points where you just show up with wine and have an instructor who guides you through painting a picture of your choice.  We picked the Raleigh skyline since we were going to be celebrating there that night.  Now we'll all have a picture to remind us of our last big fling before my wedding.  There was lots of painting and maybe even more drinking and snacking going on...


But I would venture to say despite all of the wine and beer, the paintings were a success...


My sweet Mom surprised us all with already having paid for all of our seats upon our arrival.  My Mom never ceases to amaze me...I'm so lucky!  Thank you, Mom!


We had an absolute blast...






Bless our sweet teacher, Marianne.  She had a rowdy bunch on her hands!

While we were making cab reservations, Lauren called our go-to college cab driver, Gary (who was our all time favorite).  Unfortunately he wasn't available for the time we needed him at.  But God love him, the man showed up at Wine & Design just to say hey and congratulate me.  How awesome is that...


I'm sure you're wondering why we all have musical instruments.  And to that I say, who doesn't want a musical instrument to dance with while in a cab on the way downtown???  Gary has got it goin' on!

Here's the progression of my canvas.  Let me preface it by saying that while talking about Wine & Design earlier this week, T's exact words were, "Don't screw this up; we don't have a single piece of art to hang in our home...".  He was pleasantly surprised with the outcome he claims.  I am too, considering when I started it looked like boobs and a boat...

   


Ok, so maybe it does still look like a boat is strangely atop a building in downtown Raleigh, but it was fun and that's what matters right?

We then headed back to my house to open presents and eat cupcakes.  And both were delicious!  They hooked me up for the honeymoon!  T... you can thank them later!


Then we re-got ready and headed out to Solas! 


 The rest of the night was filled with Skinny Girl Margaritas, dancing and a whole lotta' girl talk.  It was definitely a night for the books and one we will never forget!  Every once in a while one of the girls would scream, "You're getting married!!!!!".  It was seriously so much fun, and the massive, blinking engagement rings were a hit.



Are my friends gorgeous or what???  We even managed to get score a VIP booth, get on the air and win a few free drinks. 

Thank you, girls, for giving me the most amazing bachelorette weekend.  I feel so loved and so blessed to have you all in my life.  Thanks for all of the laughs, tears, heart-to-hearts, toasts, gifts, and all of the crazy fun we had this weekend.  Cheers to doing this 5 more times in the future!  Even if some of you claim it may be 10 years from now until you get married!  I love you girls SO much!  Can't wait until May 21st!!!

Oh, and how funny it was that every single one of us woke up and proclaimed, "I'm definitely not 21 anymore".  And that would be in reference to our hangovers that could be equated to being hit by a train.   

1 comment:

  1. Wine and Design....there's a use for my art stuff! :) ha love it. If you need pieces to hang, just let me know! I have a bunch you can look through or can do one special if you want!
    -Lindley

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!