Thursday, March 31, 2011

Loves of late

I don't know if it's the fact that Spring is here and more warm weather is a brewin' or that the wedding is just around the corner, but my happiness level is through the roof.  Wedding planning is overwhelming and stressful, but it also exposes all of the wonderful people in your life and truly gives you a greater appreciation for how blessed you are.  With all of the wedding showers, generous gifts, thoughtful letters and excitement and encouragement from friends and family, it's times like these that cause me to make a mental note to be better about spending quality time or even just taking a minute to write a letter to a friend or family member. 

It's kind of like how you feel after returning home post holiday.  When you're coming off the high from time well spent with the ones you love.  It's those moments that expand my appreciation for the most important people in my life and stretch my heart even more.  I'm lucky to have friends and family that give me this feeling, and I hope that each and every one of you knows just how much I love and appreciate you.

Now on to some of my loves of late...


These adorable drinking glasses that Nikki gave us!  I absolutely love them, and I swear they make me want to drink more water.  I don't know if it's the blue, the fish or the bubbles, but whatever it is, they are most definitely my current go to glasses.  And no, I'm not waiting until after the wedding to use our shower gifts.  Bad luck you say...I pride myself on not being superstitious.  As well as on keeping the recycling man busy and not possessing the world's greatest collection of cardboard. 


Will power...unbeknownst to me, I actually have some.  T has been whipping up concoctions such as this here oreo milkshake, and I passed up a glass.  It was hard, but I did it.  He insisted on me leaving out our candy dish filled with Cadbury eggs too; he underestimates my definition of cold turkey.


RSVP cards...it's like Christmas every day when T brings in the mail.  I especially love the ones that people have written little notes of excitement on.  I'll take this time to mention again how much I LOVE snail mail. 


My success with my new Crock Pot.  Sorry for the raw meat picture; I just got a little bit queasy uploading this.  I guess I forgot to take an after picture, but you get the idea.  Easy prep, easy clean up...what could be better?  Thanks, Lori!  This little gadget might just be the secret to a happy marriage!


When T genuinely takes interest in the wedding details.  We camped out on the floor of Borders last night flipping through page upon page of North Carolina beauty deciding on a guest book.  We found a winner too!  Box...checked...another thing I'm loving.  Crossing things off my To Do list.

What are some things that you are loving?  Recipes (please do share), volatile yet charming North Carolina weather, quality time with friends and family, a good book, new or unique form of exercise, summer vacation plans in the works?  Do tell!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!