Monday, March 7, 2011

Showering & Snowboarding

Hello all!  It's been a while since I've been able to sit down and write.  The wedding festivities kicked off this past weekend with a wonderful bridal shower hosted by my best friend and maid of honor, Jamie, her sisters, Casey and Jennifer, and her Mom, Vicki!  They're the sisters I never had, and I'm so blessed to have them in my life.  Throughout the entire shower, they were always asking, "Do you need anything?"..."Are you good?"..."Can I get you anything?", and I cannot tell you how much these subtle comments mean when you're a frazzled bride-to-be with a million things swirling around in your head.  Here are some pictures from my special day...


Jamie's Mom was so generous to host the shower at her gorgeous home!



Thank you, Jamie, for throwing such an amazing shower!  You have seriously been the best, and I'm so thankful for everything you're doing! 


The food was absolutely delicious complete with quiche, breakfast casserole, fruit, french toast casserole (whoa if you've never had this, you haven't lived; I'll try to get the recipe and post it) and cupcakes (made by Jamie's cousin, Ashley Eller, who owns Sweetie Pie bakery in Charlotte; they were SO yummy!  thanks, Ashley!!!). 


I am so blessed with wonderful women in my family!  Mom-to-be and my Mom on the left, and two of my Grandmas (Memama and Brenda) and Aunt Kate (namesake) on the right!


Thanking the Lord for the beautiful people, delicious food and abundance of blessings.


What would I do without my best friends???  I love you Mom, Jamie and Hillary!


Me and my little assistant, Lainey Love!  Let me just tell you, Jennifer is right, it's so great to have a little kid at the shower to share the spotlight.  Talk about great entertainment for the guests!  How cute is she?  This is Casey, Jamie's oldest sister's little girl. 


And girlfriend makes a mean present opener!  She was so stinkin cute.  She would say, "Are you ready???" every time before we would move on and start opening the next present. 


Pretty excited about being a W soon!  I was showered with amazing gifts, and I'm so blessed to have such generous people in my life!

We were also extremely productive this weekend.  We met with Crestwood and did the tasting (amazing food), met with the florist and got most of the flowers figured out and addressed all of the invitations.  I could not have done it without the help of my amazing Mom and brother, Cal.  Thank you!!!


I also learned a lesson about Mr. G-dog.  We usually just set him up a little bed and let him roam around the car on road trips.  But when we do this he cries the entire time (yes, for 3 hours from Raleigh to Boone) and tries to get in the front seat, and it is absolutely maddening.  I seriously considered dumping him off on the side of the road at one point.


Yes, he's standing on the back of the seat with his head touching the ceiling.

So, on the way home, I made him stay in the crate and didn't hear a peep.  Lesson learned.  Sanity saved.  Still have a dog.


I also have the most thoughtful Mom in the world.  Just as an example, she dug this here cooler/warmer out so that T's dinner would stay warm since I was picking him up in Yadkinville on the way back to Raleigh.  She's the best!


And this was what T was up to all weekend...



He headed to Snowshoe with some friends, and spent the weekend doing crazy things like the above. 

Now back to Bethenny Ever After...I wish I could be her friend.  I absolutely adore her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!