Thursday, April 7, 2011

I'll take ice cream season for $1,000 Alex

I started the morning off right yesterday for the first time this week.  I had my Wheaties equivalent, plain Cheerios and a few minutes of silence for prayer and intention for my day.


I've got to keep it up; hitting snooze 4 times (no exaggeration), sleeping in until the last possible minute and having to rush around like a crazy person to only be 5 minutes late is overrated.  My day was so much more productive since I was actually aware and present for the start of it. 

There has been a lot on my heart and mind lately, and when life gets like this, I know that it's really important for me to slow down, pray more and worry less.  And maybe an extra few minutes of silence in the mornings will be just the right medicine.

I was lucky to be able to get a long run in after work in our gorgeous 70 degree weather.  I'm trying some new workouts, and this particular one required free weights.  Since I would rather do yoga and exercises in my sunny room downstairs instead of a gym, I had to be resourceful.  Free weights = champagne bottles.  At least they were full. 

   

T walked in on me doing bicep curls with the alcoholic beverages, and proclaimed that I was officially a crazy person.  He may have a point.

The highlight of the day was the late night run for a McDonald's vanilla ice cream cone, and we always feel guilty leaving G-dog home since we're working all day long so he always comes along for the night time adventures too.  T carries him like a baby to the car, and it's the cutest thing I've ever seen.  I tried to take a picture, but my iPhone wasn't cooperating.  I'm so excited for warm weather and all of the ice cream dates with my favorite boys.  I forgot that I used to always give G-dog stale ice cream cones from my pantry at my old apartment as a treat, but was quickly reminded by this little baby who insisted on having the last bite...


2 comments:

  1. What a neat post! Looking forward for more post from you. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!