Monday, April 25, 2011

Miscellaneous Monday

It's been a while since I've had time to devote to you, little blog.  In fact, I wouldn't say this qualifies as free time since I should be doing things like deciding on the tuxes, finalizing flowers and completing our music choices.  I thought I'd take a minute to drop in and say hello. 

With all that's been going on, I've been rationing my free time by moving my workouts to the mornings before work which I've come to actually love.  It's great to get it out of the way, and I take Gnarly with me so he's been an extra well behaved dog lately.

When I get stressed out the two things that keep me sane are exercise and cleaning, so my health and house have been getting lots of TLC lately.  On Sunday T went to go meet a friend for a doggy play date and left me on the couch taking a much needed cat nap.  When he returned home I had vacuumed the entire house and was dressed and ready to go for a hike.  Knowing I needed it, he obliged and we headed to Umstead Park.  He's the best, and we had a great time.

What have we been up to lately?  Preparing our master bedroom (we went with Sherwin Williams Quietude for the paint color), finalizing wedding details, spending every minute possible outside to soak up Spring before the 90's and humidity hit and counting our blessings.  We've had some answered prayers lately and the Lord has been working in miraculous ways.  He's good, so good, and we're so thankful.

This week we're anticipating our beach trip which we leave for on Thursday night.  One of my best friends, Maggie, is getting married so we're making a long weekend out of it.  I can't wait to go back to the place where we were engaged to reminisce before our big day.  I'm also super excited about the wedding shower that the ladies at my office are throwing for me at Sitti in downtown Raleigh on Thursday after work!  We are so blessed to have such generous friends and family in our lives that take such good care of us!

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!