Thursday, April 7, 2011

Spring & Prayer

I have so many things that I want to write about tonight, but I have many a thank you note to catch up on, so I'm going to tend to those instead.  There's something about Spring that just makes me feel so alive inside.  It's like I was living under a gray cloud, and my eyes have suddenly opened up to my surroundings that I've taken for granted all winter.

My view on the walk back to work from picking up my sandwich

Spring is just conjuring all types of ideas for me, and like T has always told me, "We're going to do big things".  We're ready to put those ideas into action and do just that.  Big things.  Spring was just what we needed this year, and I'm so excited about what's ahead of us.

On another note even though I could go on and on about this weather and how it's given me this bolt of energy and passion, I wanted to share a thought as well.  One of my favorite bloggers, Kelle Hampton, put exactly how I feel about prayer into the most perfect words in this post: 


She honestly took the words right out of my mouth.  I'm not much of a sit down and go through a long prayer every night, morning, etc.  And they very rarely begin with, "Dear God".  Instead I find myself in a somewhat constant state of prayer.  Or at least I try to.  Little fragments of thank yous, please help mes and what is your will for mes instead throughout the day.  I think that's why I love pictures and letters and have them strewn all over the house.  They are all a reminder of people to keep close to my heart, memories to cherish and never forget and His creation to always appreciate. 

Especially these days with all of the conflict and war that is going on our world, people get so caught up in proving their religion, arguing about interpretation and pointing the finger, and I think it's so important to show grace and love and really appreciate what's important in life.  I was so thankful to see that someone else could relate to what prayer means and how it manifests in my life.  It might not be right for everyone, but I find it to be healing and refreshing.  And not a chore whatsoever. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!