Friday, April 29, 2011

We made it!

It's 12:45 am, and we're in Emerald Isle...at the beach house...with a cold beer in hand.


Perfect ending to a perfect day.  T couldn't wait until tomorrow, so we made a quick trip to put our toes in the sand, hear the ocean and see the lightning storm out over the water which was gorgeous.  No thunder, just constant bursts of oranges and yellows that lit up the sky like fireworks.  That's my kind of storm.




Dodged a Bambi too.


Emerald Isle has some pretty darn domesticated deer.  They don't even flinch when you're near them.  I'm always paranoid that they're preparing to charge, but luckily that fear has never been justified.  Knock on wood.

The ladies at my office threw me the most lovely bridal shower this afternoon.  They rented out the cellar at Sitti in downtown Raleigh complete with a bar, hors d'oeuvres and Hanna cake!  One of my coworkers, Hanna, makes the most delicious raspberry filled cake with whipped buttercream icing...it's heavenly.  And she made me a big one for the shower...


Susan, who I eat lunch with every day was the master mind behind the party, and her and her husband made this gorgeous centerpiece for my table.



I love all of these ladies so much!


Sweet Susan is the one beside me in the pink and black on the right!  I adore her.




Susan started off the party with the sweetest toast.



She even got a little choked up...it was so sweet.  She's my favorite.

The rest of the shower was spent eating delicious food, opening gifts and enjoying time with my wonderful coworkers.  I even got a little marriage advice which is always welcomed.  More pictures to come when my uploader will cooperate.



Time to try to convince T to stay up with me and watch the royal wedding.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!