Friday, May 6, 2011

Friday is here!

And we're heading to the beach this afternoon!  T and eight of his best friends are also headed to the beach for his bachelor trip.  I'm so excited for them; they are going to have a BLAST.  His friends surprised him this week with a spontaneous getaway to Myrtle Beach (or as T refers to it, the classiest beach town on this side of the Mississippi...my fiance may be even more sarcastic than myself, if that's possible), and they have rented a beach front condo which is right up my sweetie pie's alley.  G-dog will be kickin' it with his best dog friends as well at our dear friend KP's house - thank you KP! 

Jamie and I are so excited about our getaway; it's been WAY too long since we've had girl time, just the two of us, and I can't wait.  I'm in the mood to bake a cherry pie, so that's my only goal for the weekend.  I've never even had cherry pie, but for some reason I feel that I need it, so we'll see how that turns out.  Beach, besties, bumming it and baking...what could be better?  Oh, and I'm sure there will be much singing and dancing on the car rides as well.  Jamie shares my love for mainstream music.  I can't wait to play all the songs we picked out for the ceremony for Jamie too!  I tear up already when I play them...thinking about all my best friends and family walking down the aisle to support T and I on one of the most important days of our lives; it's going to be hard to keep it together!

On the wedding planning front, things are really coming together.  After going to Maggie's wedding and seeing how calm and graceful she was, it really put things in perspective for me.  When it comes down to it, this day is about T and I starting our lives together, and all the little things are just icing on the cake.  I've been crazy busy with the last minute details, organizing and coordinating, but I'm enjoying every minute of it.  You better believe event planner is going on my resume!  My dear Grandmother left me a voicemail yesterday, and said, "I hope you're being still, calm and enjoying every moment", and those words meant so much to me.  I'll keep them fresh on my mind for the next two weeks.  And really forever, what a great way to live life.  In the present, still, calm and enjoying every minute..

The blog has definitely taken a back seat, so sorry for all of the scatter brained posts and lack of pictures.  I can't wait to spend more time on it when life slows down.  I actually have some exciting things to share having to do with nutrition and exercise, two of my big passions, when life goes back to normal!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful women!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!