Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Villa 6

T planned the most amazing honeymoon for us; the name of the resort we stayed at was Florblanca.  It is in Santa Teresa, Costa Rica, and we can't wait to plan our next trip back there.  We made ourselves at home in Villa #6, and we're still having major withdrawals. 


I was so excited to see this little note upon arrival...


So here's a little tour.  The entire Villa had an "open air" concept except for the bedroom which was completely indoors and air conditioned.  All other areas had the option of rolling up the screens to enjoy the rain forest and hear the ocean or closing the drapes during a rain storm to stay dry.  We were so lucky to get all sunny days with rain storms at night.  Oh, and did I mention we had a tin roof?  I thought I had died and gone to heaven.


This adorable path led us over the bridge to our place.



Loved the little wind chime and night light on our front porch...


Our living room...night and day.  I wanted to steal one of those light fixtures for our house.




From the hammock looking in...


And from the hammock looking out...


I miss my hammock...


And with no TV or computer, music was our only means of entertainment which I loved...


These saggy plants made us laugh...


Kitchen...some nights I would spy husband peeking over from the bathroom...


We would close the drapes at night, and I loved waking up refreshed in the morning and opening them for sunshine and fresh air with breakfast...



Even the bathroom was outdoors!


Yes, including the loo.




I mean what's better than looking up and seeing this while showering...


And hanging your towel here?


Loved these light fixtures too..


And all the cute little details...


T loved the convenience of surf to shower...


And I so enjoyed my getting ready ritual outdoors in the rain forest under the moon and stars...



Our bedroom, and the french doors leading out...



Then every night after we got ready, we would head to Nectar for a delicious dinner.  The customer service at this place was amazing.  Our room was cleaned every day, but you would never run into the cleaners.  There are only 10 Villas in the resort, and to give you the optimal secluded experience, they would time it just so right so that they would clean while they knew you were out.  Our schedules were all over the place, but never once did we catch them in our room.  And on top of that, every night when we were at dinner, they would come in our Villa, turn off all the lights and light all of the candles.



It was so amazing to come home to every night.  The sheets would also be turned down, and there would be chocolates waiting for us too.


At which point we would brush our teeth...


Unfold the canopy, and climb into bed under my all time favorite ceiling fan.


Just to wake up and start another amazing day...best week of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!