Thursday, July 28, 2011

It was a girl kind of day

Today I was lucky to get to catch up with three of my best girlfriends - Maggie, Jamie and Lo.  Maggie came to have lunch with me downtown like the good ol' days.  Except for this time instead of comparing our wedding planning progress, we had a new chapter to discuss filled with merged bank accounts, interior decorating and name changes.  It's been so wonderful to have such a great friend to go through with this huge transitional phase with.  She's been a God send for sure, and I love her dearly.  We've gone from meeting each other single as could be in the Sunday school class we taught together to being married grabbing a quick lunch while she's in town running errands for her and her husband's new business - crazy how time flies.  I'm so happy for her and so thankful for our friendship.


T is at the Juventus FC Vs Chivas Guadalajara soccer game tonight.  Here's a picture he sent me...


...which got me out of cooking, and so I got to go enjoy some yummy Salsa Fresh with Jamie.  No worries, I still have tomorrow and Saturday night to make my two homecooked meals a week quota!  I'm pathetic.  Anyways, it was great to spend some time with the birthday girl and catch up.  Yes, we still have plenty to talk about even though we just spent all of last weekend together.


And last, but most definitely not least, I got to phone chat with Lo for well over an hour.  We had only been playing phone tag for 758 days.  Lucky for me, she realized as we were chatting on her drive home from work that she left her laptop, meaning she had to turn around, go back and get it and then head home once again.  She lives 25 miles from work, by the way.  Luckily she drives a new Honda Civic, so she didn't waste $869 in gas AND we got to do some much needed catching up.  I just love that girl - so honest, inspiring, talented and genuine.  If only she would move back to NC!


I'm so lucky to have these girls in my life.  Love you all mucho!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!