Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Loves of Late: Birthday & Bethenny Edition

Birthdays.  I had the absolute best 24th birthday this past Saturday.  My coworkers brought in quite the spread to celebrate the Friday before...


Hanna made her famous cake, and it was delicious!


Saturday morning bright and early T and I loaded up the car and headed to our church, the church of the holy beach that is. 


My soul craves the feel of sand and the sound of waves, and this combination made for a pretty amazing birthday.  Day trips rock.  The anticipation of your destination enables you to hop out of bed at 6:30 AM on a Saturday morning sans coffee (except for T who was still drugged with Benadryl for his poison ivy), the packing is light (beach chairs, surfboard, change of clothes...check), and you get to sleep in your own bed at the end of the night.  Despite the less than favorable forecast, we were blessed with lots of sunshine, and I was so thankful.  I needed that day.  We ate at the Crab Shack for my birthday dinner - hush puppies, steamed shrimp and flounder.  Perfection.  I finished my birthday with a run and a trip to Fresh for a chocolate ice cream cone.  That's my perfect day. 

Oh, and my Mom mailed me a Barnes & Noble gift card, so I got to enjoy these on the beach as well...


Which leads me to the Bethenny part of this Loves of Late.  I so admire Bethenny Frankel, and her new book, "A Place of Yes", is AMAZING.  I love everything this brilliant woman produces, and I highly recommend this book.  I'm almost finished with it, and I can honestly say it's changed my outlook on the route I plan to take to pursue my passions and make it my business.  Girlfriend is genius.  I'm also hooked on these other products of hers...


It's currently my favorite yoga DVD (which is my exercise of choice considering your only option outside is to melt these days), and also I'm learning how to "renovate" meals to make them more healthy for T and I with her advice and recipes.  If you're interested, head on over to her blog:    http://www.bethenny.com/.  Now if only NC would start selling Skinny Girl Margarita!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathryn,

    You probably don't remember me, but we had a business class together at State (and maybe some other class). I just wanted to let you know, I stumbled across your blog and I'm a major fan :)

    Also, I had toto share that Skinny girl Margs are in NC! I pick mine up at the Cameron Village ABC. I also heard her white sangria is coming soon!

    Seriously though, keep it up with your blog... you are doing awesome!

    -Gloria Guthrie

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!