Wednesday, July 27, 2011

On pizza, arms and yoga.

Tonight we made homemade pizza.  Semi-homemade that is.  My goal is to cook at least two dinners a week, and yes, this one counts.  We used a pre-made whole wheat crust, brushed it with olive oil, covered it with tomato sauce, topped it with pepperoni (original for T, turkey for me), mozzarella cheese, green peppers and onions and baked it at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.





Easy peasy.  Healthier too since we were able to control the ingredients.  It was no Mellow Mushroom, but we were able to avoid all the fattening butter and Parmesan which was a plus. 

Lately I've been really trying to focus on my presentation of food.  By slowing down, I've been able to make our meals prettier which I've noticed makes me enjoy the experience and eat less.  Even if it's just a snack of pretzels with peanut butter.  I get out a pretty plate and knife, pour out a small portion of each, sit down and really concentrate on what I'm eating.  It truly helps me to practice portion control which is what I've been trying to work on the most.

Speaking of a healthier lifestyle, if you're in the market for some toning, check out this killer arm workout.  I love the Tone It Up Girls, and if you've never heard of them, visit their blog!  I've always wanted toned arms, but the closest I've ever come to them was probably in high school when I was on the dance team doing all those pom routines.  Girlfriend in that arm workout above has killer arms, so I think I'll try what she's doing!

I also have to say that if you've never tried yoga, please do!  I needed a break from cardio since it's been so stinkin' hot lately, so I've been practicing yoga almost every day.  I can't get over how good it is for your core.  I probably hadn't run in two weeks, but went for a jog yesterday and felt great.  I really think it's because I've strengthened my core through yoga which makes running so much easier.  Yoga makes you feel centered, calm, strong, lean, flexible and balanced.  It's my favorite, favorite, favorite!  If you want a good video to try, check out Body by Bethenny.  I love this DVD because you can tailor it to how you're feeling that day and make it as challenging as you wish.

That's all for tonight!    

3 comments:

  1. Abdominal exercises are easy to do and require no equipment and are the most effective types of exercises for achieving flat abs at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. This question is always arrived that which image format is best for design a website about Pizza
    Pizza Equipment

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks delicious. you should grab the wheat pizza crust from Trader Joe's...you shape it yourself and it's so good. Wasn't sure if that was what you used here or not, but thought I'd suggest it. It's in the refrigerated section.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!