Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Christmas in September

Husband is trying out his new skateboard around the neighborhood while I sit here watching Fox news, eating a late dinner of oatmeal and writing this blog post. 

I was seriously spoiled during my year of being engaged (like all brides-to-be), so I made a mental note that T should be the one to be spoiled post wedding.  To put it in T's words, "It's been like Christmas around here lately". 


I died laughing when I saw that our sweet delivery man still tried to "hide" our packages even though the boxes were three times the size of our hideous doormat.  I think it's time for a new one, by the way. 

For some reason G-dog HATES boxes and the whole process of ripping them open.  Every time we get one in the mail and T goes to open it, Gnarly jumps up on my lap to protect me.  Not sure where his little phobia came from, but he is the quirkiest dog of all time - so I guess it's just par for the course.

Back to the spoiling husband mission...  I just love how passionate he is about life in general and especially how giddy he gets about his hobbies.  He's an avid surfer, snowboarder, skateboarder and he plays for an ultimate frisbee club team that competes internationally.  The man is busy, but somehow he finds time to make a living and keep his wife happy too.

I've been helping him pick out some new gear for winter, and here's some of what we've got him so far.


He wouldn't model for me, so here's a better picture of the jacket.  You can separate the vest from the coat.


Husband is a total babe in the full get up.  He wouldn't let me take a picture with his whole outfit on, but let's just say I'm never letting him go snowboarding without me.  Now we just need to get him some chocolate brown pants and some new goggles, and he'll be set. 

I cannot wait to really learn how to snowboard in the winter!  And, we have plans to go camping with friends in the fall - husband's adventurous spirit is finally starting to wear off on me, and I'm excited to try new things!  And if I fail there's always the lodge, and I can always move my sleeping bag into the Jeep...baby steps right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!