Monday, August 8, 2011

Weekend Recap

We had a busy weekend and are just now finding some time to relax.  T headed to High Point early Saturday morning for a tournament which left me in Raleigh to tend to some important matters...

..."me time" Saturday morning consisting of this.


My Grandmother (otherwise known as Memama) got me hooked on Karen Kingsbury novels, and I've been a reading fool lately.  There's something comforting about it, especially when supplemented with coffee and a quiet morning.  

...reconnecting with a friend from college.  We had lunch on Saturday at Cantina 18 and caught up on post-college life.  We had the best time, and I can't wait to do it again!  Girlfriend is my blonde twin.

...Jamie time.  We went and saw Friends With Benefits Saturday afternoon which was cute, and we consumed an ungodly amount of popcorn, M&Ms and Diet Coke.  Then after a trip to HomeGoods, TJ Maxx and all our favorites at the mall, we enjoyed a delicious meal at Kanki.  It was Chicken and Shrimp for two for $35, how could we say no?  Since T was out of town, we got to have our first sleepover since I've been married, and we had so much fun watching Bethenny Ever After, doing a seriously awesome Face Peel and laughing our bums off as usual.  

Then it was an early rise Sunday morning to go watch T play frisbee in High Point.  My Mom and T's parents came, and we had the best time together.  Even though we were roasting to death in the 100 degree weather.  They won the tournament, and we all had a great day together.


Once we got back to Raleigh, I headed to dinner with my cousin, Caleb, his girlfriend, Amy, and their good friend, Ben, at the Cheesecake Factory.  It was bittersweet, but I'm so thankful I was able to spend some more time with him before he left for basic training this morning.  I'm so proud of him, and he has inspired me more than he knows.  I love you, Caleb, and we'll take care of Amy while you're away!


Since I'm feeling a little emotionally drained, I'll finish this matter-of-fact post out with a few favorite things we've whipped up at La Cocina de Ward lately...


We used this recipe, and it was delicious!  And this below is our new favorite dessert that we had in Costa Rica and decided to make our own version of.  Chocolate chip cookie, coffee ice cream sandwiches...


So good, and you have to make them right after the cookies get out of the oven.

I'm also adding water with fresh lemon and a side of watermelon to every meal to savor the feel of summer.




Love the colors of summer!  A little over the heat, however.  Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Kathryn,

    I had the best time catching up with you on Saturday! I have to agree with your statement, you are definitely my brunette twin.

    Lets get together again soon!

    Gloria

    P.S. I your recipes Cocina de Ward...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!