Monday, August 22, 2011

Weekending

Husband and I had a successful weekend considering that watching Entourage Season 7 was the only thing on our "To Do" list.  I started my weekend off right with only a half day of work on Friday.  After a few final errands on my other half of the day, I think I'm officially Kathryn Ward on every account, legal document and bill.  I had no idea what a long process that was.  I also picked up my wedding dress that I had cleaned and preserved.  And can I just say, having a dress preserved is insanely expensive especially considering it looks like they merely duct taped my dress inside what looks like an oversized Barbie doll box.  And can I also just say that I sadly had to just Google "duct tape" to make sure I spelled it right and the first link that popped up was a headline about a duct taped cat found in Philadelphia.  Disturbing.  Anyways, I digress. 

That night husband and I had a Five Guys Friday date followed buy the first half of Entourage Season 7.  No, it's not at Blockbuster - T broke down and bought it.  In blue ray no less.  It has been so much fun watching all the seasons with T.  It's nice to have a show that we both enjoy since I can't seem to get him hooked on shows like The Bachelorette, Toddlers and Tiaras and Keeping Up With The Kardashians.  I'll admit my taste in TV is lacking, but he's a trooper most of the time.  While we're on the subject of how our TV programs have gone down the toilet yet I'm still a sucker for them, I'm going to take a moment to spare you from making the mistake I made this weekend next time you're staring at the local Red Box screen hoping that a decent movie will appear.  We were having a great night, enjoying tacos and Corona in our freshly cleaned house when I made the rash decision to suggest renting a movie I had wanted to see a while back. 


My negotiating self started by proclaiming that romantic comedies are the best movies to watch together since it provides the chick flick vibe for us women and the crude humor for our men.  And how the movie had to be decent since Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler were in it.  What could be better than a lighthearted film for our Saturday night?  Then he came back with how nothing ever good comes from a romantic comedy - how they are all awful and how the men who watch them are suckers.  And how Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler are dried up has beens who have to do these types of movies to pay the mortgage.

Well husband won this argument hands down.  Against his better judgment we rented the movie, and I'm still bitter about the $1.60 I gave Red Box.  It was seriously the worst movie I've every seen, and I can only be thankful that I didn't pay the $10 to see it in the theaters.  Don't make the mistake I made.

Sunday we did some more cleaning and went shopping during the afternoon for house stuff.  Overall, it was a great weekend full of quality time with my husband and puppy.  I guess the moral of this story is husbands don't "just go with it" and agree to just any romantic comedy, wedding gown preservation isn't rocket science - all you need is a cardboard box with a plastic window and some duct tape.  Oh, and if you have a cat beware of the duct tape bandit.  Apparently he resides in Pennsylvania.   

1 comment:

  1. Do you think the duct tape bandit will visit my roommates cat, Meh?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!