Thursday, September 1, 2011

I think I can, I think I can

In an effort to keep myself accountable, I'm posting this training plan that I made to hopefully get me ready for the half marathon my Mom and I are running on November 6th.  I'm going to update it every week and post it, so that it doesn't end up hanging on the left side of my refrigerator with only the first week highlighted as completed - like it did when I first made the decision to train back in June. 

I've only done what's in yellow so far...I know, I know - I have a LONG way to go.  Here's to new things and surviving the next 10 weeks!  If week 7 does me in, it was nice knowin' ya. 

And if you've ran a half marathon before and this plan looks ridiculous, please tell me!  T seems to think the most I should ever run is 7 miles before the race, but I don't fly by the seat of my pants like my sweet husband does. 

WeekSundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturdayTOTAL
143Y/ST33YY/ST13
253Y/ST43YY/ST15
363Y/ST43YY/ST16
483Y/ST53YY/ST19
5103Y/ST53YY/ST21
6114Y/ST54YY/ST24
7124Y/ST64YY/ST26
894Y/ST54YY/ST22
983Y/ST43YY/ST18
1063Y/ST32YY/ST14
THE WEEK13.1
Numbers = Miles
Y/ST = Yoga/Strength Training
Y= Yoga


After looking this over again, maybe sleeping in a tent and getting down the bunny slope is the least of my worries...

Have a wonderful long weekend y'all!

1 comment:

  1. I think the most I've ever run before a race is 10 miles. I wouldn't stress out if you don't do the 11 or 12 miler.

    That looks like a lot of running. But I think you're used to running several days a week. I tend to base my training on the beginner training guide by Hal Higdon. I'm so inconsistent with my runs that it seems to be just enough for me!

    Good luck! Brian and I are running the Savannah half on Nov. 5th!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!