Tuesday, November 8, 2011

13.1

We survived the "race of death"!  My Mom and I ran in the Raleigh City of Oaks Half Marathon (our first) this past weekend, and it's an experience I'll never forget.  I accomplished my goal of running the entire thing without walking, and crossing the finish line with my Mama was the best part.  It's a moment I'll treasure always. 

We never clocked ourselves during our training since we just had the one goal of not walking, but I think we may be hooked and are excited to improve our time!  T was excited to see some competitiveness from the two of us. 

And just for the record, my Mom could have totally smoked me if she wanted too.  The woman had only gotten up to 6 miles during training since she was so busy with work and such, but she was bookin' it!  It was everything I could do to keep up.  Needless to say, this race confirmed once again that my Mama is, indeed, superwoman. 


Age Group Race Report as of 11/6/2011 9:24:08 PM for Females 20-24 in division Half Marathon
PlaceBib #Name6.2 Mi10.2 MiGun TimeChip TimePaceAgeGenderCity


61 out of 1122924KATHRYN WARD0:59:321:37:522:06:252:05:039:2824FRALEIGH NC


Age Group Race Report as of 11/6/2011 9:24:10 PM for Females 45-49 in division Half Marathon
PlaceBib #Name6.2 Mi10.2 MiGun TimeChip TimePaceAgeGenderCity


26 out of 86!!!2058LAURA HARDEE0:59:331:37:522:06:262:05:049:2847FBOONE NC

Here's our proof!

We started and finished at the Bell Tower on NC State's campus.


Being my Alma mater, it made the memory even sweeter.  We also ran through downtown, NC State's campus, by Cameron Village and even up by the fair grounds.  For people who had never been to Raleigh it was perfect; the route definitely hit some of the best spots in the city.

        This was us about to cross the finish line.


We had two pretty darn cute cheerleaders.  T grabbed Starbucks and Gnarly and met us at about five different check points throughout the race.  It was awesome.




Little did we know, we accomplished another unknown goal.  That would be not getting passed by the winner of the marathon.  The man ran 26.2 miles in two hours and thirty minutes - insane.

Best feeling...crossing the finish line.

We really did have the best time and can't wait to run another one!

Loved the T-shirt too.

T and I decided to adorn Mr. Wolf with mementos from our accomplishments as a reminder to push ourselves to make goals and follow through with them. 


Between going to Florida to watch T compete in Nationals and having him cheer me on for my half marathon, I truly fell more in love with him in the past few weeks.  There's something about watching your significant other in their element, doing what they love and being there to cheer them on.  I'm positive that our relationship grew throughout the process, and I can't wait to see what's ahead.   

Other highlights of the weekend included spending time with our lovely friends, Chris and Amy, on Friday night and a State win Saturday!  Against UNC!




Picture perfect weekend.

1 comment:

  1. congrats kat! i love the pic of your mom with the thumbs up behind the marathon winner! she looks so fun :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!