Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Must be the Buble

Popping in tonight for my weekly hello!  I'm hoping to get back to a more regular schedule of 3-5 posts a week at some point, but for right now I'm enjoying free nights with my husband, dog and Beth Moore Bible study. 

Either it's the fresh coat of red nail polish...


The Michael Buble Christmas Album I just purchased (it's amazing by the way; I'm making CDs for all my favorite people tonight while I bake)...


Or all the oatmeal, chocolate chip cookies and chex mix I've been whipping up, but something has triggered my full blown Christmas spirit, and I couldn't be more excited for the upcoming holidays.  The 70 degree weather is throwing me off a little, but it's nothing the mountains can't cure.



Tomorrow night husband and I are heading to Boone to spend the first half of our long weekend with my side of the family.  I can't wait to visit with all my sweet grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins who I don't get to see nearly enough. 

And don't even get me started on the food.  The Boone folk know how to prepare the ultimate Thanksgiving feast complete with buttery, mashed potatoes, mandarin, orange salad and fluffy dressing... just to name a few.  My Mama has already informed me that all her famous Christmas goodies are also awaiting our arrival.  Needless to say, my work day is going to feel like an eternity tomorrow.

For the second half of the holiday weekend we're heading down to Concord to spend some quality time with my in-laws whom I adore.  I believe we'll be eating a another Thanksgiving dinner there, so hopefully I'll have time to lace up my running shoes at some point over the next 5 days.

There is so much that I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving - my amazing husband who I honest to goodness fall more in love with each and every day, my precious family who is going through a season of change but is handling it with grace and love, my health, my job, my home, my honest and loyal friends and my Lord and Savior who is healing areas in my life allowing me to experience the fullness of his unconditional love and mercy every day.  I am blessed beyond measure.

So, as I sit here with my ginger ale waiting to get the last batch of cookies out of the oven and getting excited about my first Thanksgiving with husband, I'm going to browse through the archives of my little blog and reminisce.  This past year has brought both heartache and bliss, and I couldn't be more thankful for what both have taught me.

Happy Thanksgiving!

P.S. - Husband and I made it past the 6-month hump of marriage:)  Love you babe.

I could look at this picture all day.




P.S.S  Here's to hoping our Christmas tree fetching goes a little more smoothly this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!