Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Lately...

We've been making Christmas treats...








Attending Christmas parties...




          don't worry this is Thomas' friend, KP:)

And basically anything and everything to avoid the inevitable.  Which would be finishing up our Christmas shopping.  And when I say finishing, I mean starting.  Ugh.  We've got to get it together.  

A funny story real quick before I get back to more important matters like pouring a glass of ginger ale and finishing The Grinch...

Thomas and I discovered a delicious Chinese restaurant this weekend, Red Dragon.  I'm not a big Chinese food kind of girl, but it was the perfect take out meal.  Anyways, as we were finishing up our dinner, Thomas looked over and said, "Kat, do you have something to tell me?".  To which I replied, "I don't think so" as he handed me his fortune...


I laughed and began to open mine.  And lo and behold, this was inside.


Husband nearly fell out of his chair.  NO, we're not expecting, but how fun would that reveal be for him if I was! 
   
Speaking of cute reveals, check out this one.  Simply adorable.

5 comments:

  1. those goodies look oh, soo yummy.. Do you have the recipes to sharre? Also thoes goodie bag tags are simply adorable, where is the world did you find those at?

    Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. k, those bags of cookies look so great! they look like they could be in a magazine. I'm rather jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathryn, what's in those butterscotch cookies? I remember my family making them and I love them. I wonder if I could come up with a gluten-free version.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Y'all are too sweet! The goodie bag tags are from Target - I found them in the huge Chrismas section in these little paint can looking things. 50 tags for $5! I'll get back to you on the recipes, Michelle! I would love to share them!

    Happy Holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kara, the haystacks are just butterscotch morsels melted with chow mein noodles and peanuts mixed in afterwards! Then I just dump spoonfulls of the mixture on wax paper and let it harden. Miss your sweet family! Hope to see you all soon!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!