Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Loves of Late: Olsen Twins Edition

When I was in high school (maybe my Junior year) I wanted Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen bangs.  I specifically remember tearing out a photo of the twins from a Teen Vogue magazine to give to my hairstylist while sitting in the waiting area of the salon.  I'm pretty sure I had overdone it with the highlights already, so I was certain the cute, side swept bangs would finish off the look. 

Let's just say, things didn't turn out quite as I hoped they would.  My hairstylist, honest to goodness, took out her scissors and proceeded to cut my bangs much the same way you do wrapping paper.  Scissors open, one sweeping motion, slicing all the way down.  I about died.  They were awful and incredibly short reminding me of the one time growing up when my Dad decided to try his hand at bang "trimming".  So I rocked a bobby pin until they grew out and never got to enjoy the Olsen girl bangs that were all the rage.  It's all about the big picture during those teenage years, you know. 

So, I've been debating bangs for probably the past two months (decisiveness is not my forte, especially considering my previous experiences).  This time it was Kelle Hampton's from Enjoying The Small Things that I was envying.  So, of course I drug T into on the bangs debate in the car on the way home from Thanksgiving vacation to which he basically said, "You play life too safe - cut the darn bangs - it will be liberating".

The man was right.


P.S.  If you're in the Raleigh area and need a great hairstylist, my best friend, Jamie, is your girl.  

Now on to more loves of late.

Winter forecasts and hot chocolate.


Husband and I secretly wish that we lived in a cozy, secluded cabin atop a mountain.  Maybe one day.  For now we'll just pretend.


My first attempt at making pancakes for husband.  OK, my first attempt making pancakes period.  They turned out pretty good!


Surprising friends and family with holiday treats.


This year I decided to make an effort to give little gifts every chance I get throughout this holiday season, and it's been so much fun.  I've made a mental note to continue to do so even after the holidays are over. 

That's all for now.  National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is calling my name.

All you Boone folk, enjoy the snow while husband and I live vicariously through the ski slope web cams!

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure you should add hot chocolate to your "Loves of Always" edition.. I'm just sayin! An obsession is an addiction. And a great one, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!