Sunday, March 18, 2012

around here...

We've been busy celebrating my man's birthday.



I attempted this recipe for his cake, and it turned out pretty well!



Instead of the peppermint extract, I used more vanilla instead.  I also filled the cake with husband's favorite ice cream, Carolina Crunch from FRESH in place of the one listed in the recipe.  We were excited to have my Mom in town on Friday night to help celebrate, accompanied by some yummy, local bar food complete with fried pickles and basketball. 

Saturday, it was my sweetie's choice for the day's plans.  He opted for a trip to Lowe's, some projects around the house and to grill out.  Perfect day.











It's crazy, but it already feels like summer.  I'll take the longer days and the warm weather, but the heat and humidity can stay away please!  Nothing is better on a summer day than a smoothie for breakfast.  I tried this recipe from Big Mama's Blog and love it.



The rest of our weekend was spent with friends, and I'm sad to see the weekend go as always.  At least we have husband's real birthday to look forward to tomorrow! 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETIE PIE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!