Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Consistency

You know when you run out of absolutely every article of clothing, and think to yourself, I will never let the laundry get this bad again?  For me, it's my bathroom counter tops.  It's not until they're caked with spilled makeup, dried toothpaste and dust that I realize just how long I've let them go.  Then it's necessary to whip out all manner of scrubbing bubbles and disinfectant and go to town, all the while swearing that I'll never let them get that bad again.  Until I do.  If only I could just wipe them down with a Clorox wipe every few days my problem would be solved, but that would require consistency...

Balance is so hard sometimes.  Especially with the fact that people seem to go 100 miles per hour these days.  Most of the time, I feel like I'm just trying to keep my head above water to keep pace with our insanely productive society.  And it's during these times, that I forget to nourish the parts of me that make me happy.  And coming here to reflect and document bits and pieces of our life is one of them.  Another important one is a daily quiet time - I've been lacking in this category too. 

I oftentimes arrive at this point when I finally take the time to sit down to write or have a quiet devotional and wonder why I've waited this long.  Much like the makeup and toothpaste, I feel like my mind is caked over and messy because I just neglected to take a little time every day to cleanse it with the things that I love.  It's hard to remember to nourish the parts of us that aren't making money, furthering our career or contributing to some standard set by society, but I think the peace and happiness it provides is priceless.  In honor of prioritizing and fitting in things I love, I decided to make a little goal list for April.  It's easy to just go into autopilot and lose sight of the ultimate goal of who I want to be in 5 years, 10 years, etc., so I'm hoping that regular lists will help to keep me accountable.  So here goes.....

Spend time reading articles and watching tutorials on photography/editing
Achieve a personal record time in my second half marathon on April 22nd
Continue to find ways to incorporate more clean, wholesome foods into my diet
Get up at 6 AM for a morning devotional daily
Make time for coffee or dinner with a friend once a week
Go on new, creative dates with my sweet husband more often
Make progress in my first time reading through the Bible cover to cover...I'm almost done with Numbers currently
Continue to actively seek out God's will for me in the job department
Find more ways to serve others
Wipe down those darn bathroom counter tops with a Clorox wipe at least twice a week!

I love Spring; it's such a great time to set goals and dream.  I hope all of you sweet readers are enjoying the fresh weather!

2 comments:

  1. Love this post, Kathryn. You are so right about all of it, and it was so funny to read because it really reflected what's going on in my life. Just yesterday I freaked out and wiped down my bathroom counter because I couldn't handle the makeup and smudges anymore, then thought to myself, "Why don't I just do this daily so it never builds up??" And I'm working on reading through the whole Bible in a year by getting up in the AM. And I'm planning on getting back into my photography ASAP. So many similarities. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like my coffee date needs to be with you:)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!