Sunday, March 4, 2012

Randomness x 11

My sweet friend, Kara, from Just 1 Step tagged me in her 11 Randomness post where I'm supposed to provide a picture of myself, write 11 random things about myself and answer her 11 random questions. 

So here goes...

This picture is from my favorite day, May 21, 2011.

11 Random Things About Myself.....

1.  I absolutely cannot function without exercise.  Running and yoga are my favorites; they're therapeutic for me.  My next half marathon is on April 22nd in the Outer Banks, so I'm training for that currently.  It's a month before our one year anniversary, so we're going to make a nice long weekend out of it to celebrate as well.  I can't wait!


2.  I'm allergic to tree nuts and coconut which is no fun.  My Mom first discovered my allergy when I was only a few years old.  I was helping her make a pecan pie when she started to notice an awful rash spreading up my arms.  I avoided tree nuts ever since that first reaction but didn't realize how severe it was.  When I was in Disney world for a national competition with my high school dance team, I tried a bite of a friend's pasta and immediately started to feel like my throat was swelling shut.  I had no idea what was happening, so I just drank a bunch of water and waited it out.  Come to find out, I was experiencing anaphylaxis, which is a sometimes fatal reaction, but luckily I was OK.  I hate having a food allergy because it makes it hard to be adventurous and try new things. 

3.  I LOVE to read, and my dream is to have a book published one day.  I just started the Hunger Games series and love it so far. 


4.  I grew up in the mountains but don't know how to ski.  I attempted both skiing and snowboarding once in high school and haven't gone back since.  My husband is an avid snowboarder, so my goal is to learn.  He wants our future kids to grow up spending lots of time on the slopes, so I need to learn or else I'll be a boring, lodge Mama. 

5.  Speaking of future kiddos, I cannot wait to be a Mom.  I mean REALLY can't wait; I seriously think about being pregnant daily.  Ever since I can remember it was something that I dreamed about, and now that I'm married to the love of my life, I can't seem to shake my serious case of baby fever.  Our plan is to wait a few years, so for now I'll just have to live vicariously through my pregnant friends! 

6.  Like Kara, I absolutely cannot watch scary movies.  I don't even like to watch trailers for scary movies. 

7.  I love Diet Coke even though it's terrible for me.  I try to drink only 1 or 2 a week, but I can't help but crave them every day.

8.  Clutter gives me anxiety.  When our house starts to get cluttered, I go on a throw-everything-away-spree, and pretty much anything is fair game.  T has learned to stay out of my way when this happens. 

9.  Every since being married, I have this weird type of insomnia.  I always fall asleep before T and never have a hard time getting to sleep, but on the rare occasion he falls asleep before me, I'm in big trouble.  I cannot get to sleep when this happens.  I'll just lay there for hours even if I'm exhausted.  This drives him crazy because if I can tell he's dozing off, I'll wake him up and beg him to let me go to sleep first.  I think it goes back to when I was little and had this irrational fear of being the last one to fall asleep in the house.  Weird, I know.

10.  I love people and hearing their stories.  I could ask a person questions about their life and listen all day.  Especially if it's about being pregnant and having babies.  Husband always talks about how I should have been a therapist.  I truly do love listening.

11.  I absolutely love Fall; it's by far my favorite season.  I find myself wishing it's October all the time... when the Halloween decorations start to appear, everything seems to be pumpkin flavored and that golden color arrives with gorgeous leaves.  Just today when I was outside running, it seemed to have that Fall feel, and I seriously wished summer was coming to an end and Autumn was about to begin. 

Now it's time to answer Kara's 11 Questions:

1. If there is a color scheme in your living room, what is it?

Our living room color scheme is based off of this pillow below.  I love bright and cheery colors with lots of white, so T gets to pick the colors for the extra living area downstairs.  He's chosen dark tans and browns, unfinished wood, and a leather couch.  I can't wait to see how it turns out. 

Bihar Paisley Pillow Cover, 20", Terra Cotta

2. What sports do you like?

I honestly don't particuarly love watching or playing any sports.  I was a dancer growing up, and every time I tried my hand at a sport, they would always tell me, "You've got to be more aggressive".  Needless to say, I hoped to sit the bench.  I do love football season, however, because it comes with Fall and lazy Sundays on the couch.

3. How many rings do you wear on your fingers?

Just my wedding band and engagement ring.


4. How many times per week do you eat dessert after dinner?

Right now, none!  I gave up sweets for Lent.  But before that, almost every night, sometimes even before dinner!

5. How much sleep do you get each night?

Usually 7-8 hours.  I require a lot of sleep, unfortunately; I wish I could be one of those people who only required 5 hours!  I always think about how much more I could get done.

6. If you could change one thing about the town/city where you live, what would it be?

I would love a much more mild summer without the crazy heat and humidity.  It's pretty miserable to be outside from about June to September in Raleigh, unless you're into that whole sweating to death thing. 

7. If you could look ahead into the future, would you?

I would be tempted to, yes, especially if it gave me a peek at our future kiddos, but honestly I probably wouldn't.  I try to enjoy the present and be thankful for the now. 

8. What size is your bed?

King

9. Where do you throw your dirty clothes when you take them off(floor, hamper, laundry room, etc.)?

Floor...T and I are both bad about this but are trying to be better.

10. Do you open your shades or blinds during the day to let sunlight in?

Yes!  I love lots of light inside; dark rooms make me feel depressed.

11. What temperatures do you keep your thermostat at during the summer and winter?

64 in the winter and 74 in the summer, I think.  There is kind of a dictatorship in our house when it comes to the thermostat.  And husband rules with an iron fist.
Thanks for including me in this Randomness post, Kara!

If you missed my Letter to My Sixteen-year-old self from yesterday, you can find it here.

1 comment:

  1. Yay thanks for answering!! Totally with you on the Diet Coke, by the way. And the sports. I always wanted to sit on the bench. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!