Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A few random things on this Wednesday night...

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week!  I'm loving the Spring weather, pastels, fresh green grass, new flowers in bloom everywhere you turn and even the April showers.  I remember telling myself over and over last year before the wedding, April showers bring May flowers...April showers bring May flowers.  And that it did!

 
I love this time of year, and Easter is definitely my second favorite holiday after Thanksgiving.  Especially this week leading up to Good Friday and then Easter Sunday when we celebrate the Resurrection.  It's the perfect week to reflect on the true meaning of sacrifice and grace.  I remain in awe each year reminding myself of how much He loves us; enough to send His Son to die for us, so that our sins would be forgiven and we would have everlasting life.  Amazing.  I don't deserve it, but I sure am thankful for it.

This Easter I'm thinking a lot about my sweet Aunt, Uncle and their two boys who will be embarking on a five year international missions trip (I know it's technically not just a trip, but it makes me feel better using that word since I'm going to miss them so much).  Talk about sacrifice.  They have inspired me more than they know, and even though it's more bitter than sweet to see them go, I'm so appreciative of what they're doing.  I love you guys!

I also love Spring because I truly believe it brings out the good in people and rids them of their winter funk.  I was getting gas downtown a few days ago and saw the sweetest exchange.  There was a firetruck filling up in front of me, and across from us was a little boy who was clearly starstruck with the firefighters.  His Dad hesitantly took him over and asked if he could maybe sit in the driver's seat, and the men obliged letting him climb all over the truck, get his picture taken and even try on a hat.  It was the sweetest thing, and I think it made my day just as much as it made that little boy's.  He was absolutely adorable, blushing as he got a VIP pass around the truck; I bet he couldn't wait to tell everyone at school the next day.  Kids are the secret to happiness.  Their innocence and zest for life is so precious and inspiring.  They really make you slow down and appreciate the little things through their eyes. 

I'm so looking forward to a slow weekend with hubs.  We've been on the go for the past few weekends and will be again starting next weekend, so we're going to try and be hermits this for a few days.  Thankfully I have Friday off, and I plan to spend the entire day in the hammock reading Bloom!  There will also definitely be Starbucks involved.

                                            

Then T's parents are coming into town Friday night to deliver a special piece of furniture - I'm so excited about it and will post pictures soon!  We're looking forward to having them stay with us at the townhouse for the first time, and Gnarly is looking forward to a sleepover with his best bud, Dave!


T and I have stayed true to our resolutions for Lent.  I haven't had a single sweet, and T hasn't had a single soda - not even on Sundays.  Needless to say, the Easter Bunny will help us make up for lost time.  I'm hoping he brings me a pint of Thin Mint ice cream:)

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!