Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A Bookend

I've been meaning to wrap up this little blog for a couple of weeks now.  It's been such a fun place to document and share with close friends and family.  I began writing here a little over 18 months ago when Thomas and I were freshly engaged, and now we're through our first year of marriage.  Time truly does fly.  I wanted to stop in to document our anniversary weekend as my last post.  I thought it would be an appropriate bookend to this little space.

We spent our one year anniversary back in Boone, one of our favorite places - where I grew up and later married my best friend. 

Saturday we went for a long and challenging hike up the Grandfather Mountain Ladder Trail.  It's always been something I wanted to accomplish but was terrified of at the same time, so I figured who better to conquer this fear with than my sweet husband.

 



The rhododendrons were in full bloom just like they were on our wedding weekend:)  We spotted them all along our hike.






We made it to the top of that peak in the distance!
Getting back down this chute was tricky!
Then it was back to Crestwood (where we had our wedding ceremony and reception last year) for the night.  We had a delicious dinner at Foggy Rock followed by drinks at sunset back at the Inn.


One year!





It was so much fun to be back on that sacred ground and talk late into the night with the love of my life:)

The next morning I took him to my favorite breakfast spot, Sunset Grill.


And for a walk on my favorite trail.






Then we got to visit with some family before we headed home with our sweet G-dog who clearly missed his Mom:)


It was a perfect weekend to wrap up a perfect, first year of marriage.  I'm so thankful for all God has blessed us with, and if this first year is any indication of what our future holds, we're in for a beautiful ride.

Thanks for following along with our little family for the past 18 months!  It's been so much fun to share wedding planning, nesting, holidays, life lessons and and all the little things that add up to one big thing.  Here's to many more years filled with loving life, lots of love and an abundance of laughter!


2 comments:

  1. Well this certainly is an interesting transition to your new baby blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. is dave joking? and are you really stopping your blog? it's so fun to read!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments!